Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Quiet Little Woman (I'm still reading!!!)

Right after the new year, I completed my second book!!! I picked up a copy of Louisa May Alcott's The Quiet Little Woman at the library. (Which suddenly reminds me I need to do a resolution post. I've got tons of them!)

It was short and I needed a pick me up after my last read. At only 120 pages, this would be an excellent book to share with your daughter. Easy to read and filled with wonderful morality, I look forward to sharing these stories with my daughter next year. To read the history behind these lost stories, you can go here. I don't think it's necessary for me to basically say the same thing. In any case, these stories were darling and a sweet glimpse into life long ago. And really, how can you go wrong with a talking horse?

If you have daughters, this is a must read.




Sidenote: Two years ago my husband sent me on a surprise trip to visit my sister and we went to the Alcott house. I wish we could have gone on the tour (it was too late) but we at least were able to take a few pictures outside and browse through the gift shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment