Saturday, January 8, 2011

The kids are asleep...



And I've been outside tearing up our yard. It's awful. If there weren't so many leaves out there (and if my husband didn't refuse to rake them) I'd be in trouble. It has been abnormally warm for where we live and the ground was extremely soft. Way more so than I expected. Ahem.




But it's Saturday, and my husband has to work this weekend. And I'm bored. So I had my mom bring over my dad's metal detector. I spent an hour hunched over in the backyard only to find this:

Sheet metal and the biggest nail ever. Or as the detector calls them, diamond rings.




I am now inside after hearing MOMMIEEEEEEEE from an upstairs window. Sigh. I haven't decided if I'm up for going in the front yard. I don't know why I'm slightly embarrassed at the thought since I go out there every morning in my jimjams and slippers.


No comments:

Post a Comment