Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Le Creuset and Pioneer Woman


For Christmas this year, my husband totally surprised me. I was completely unaware that he had purchased me one of my big WANTS. Le Creuset. This was our utilitarian Christmas. I also got a new toaster, iron, ironing board and mop. All things I desired. And I wasn't the slightest bit offended. I had been mopping with a broken one for a while. Just something I was unwilling to spend money on. The other one "sort of" worked.



Back to the food.




This was my first time to cook with my little red beauty. I turned to the Pioneer Woman for help. When I saw her Beer and Beef Stew, I knew, it was the one. I don't know if I bought better meat, or if it was the recipe or the Creuset, (or frankly the awesome beer I used) but this was some of the best stew I've EVER made. When I've made beer stew in the past, the beer flavoring was OVERWHELMING. This time we used Samuel Adams Noble Pils. I'm not a beer drinker but this one had a very nice flavoring. It was subtle. And I felt super fancy pouring it out of a bottle instead of a can. Honestly, I'm not sure a "can" of beer has ever entered our house. Bottles only for us!

The stew was fabulous and so was the Creuset!

No comments:

Post a Comment