Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm sure it tasted good.....


I was so excited about making dinner last night. I saw a link to a recipe, Orecchiette with Mushrooms, Radicchio and Gorgonzola, on NieNie Dialogues that intrigued me. We are forever trying new meatless dishes (Meatless Mondays) and this one did not disappoint!

Unfortunately I went to the dentist yesterday to have a suspicious tooth examined. A few moments in and they realized it was a cracked filling. Ordinarily I tough it out without any pain killers, but this time without asking, they gave me a shot. Several, in fact. This is my first experience with anything like this (I still hurt this morning). I thought I was going to cry last night as a gingerly chewed on one side this delicious meal. My little ones even enjoyed it, too! My husband pridefully mentioned to me how he bets no other family with preschoolers was enjoying Gorgonzola with their dinner in our education-less and toothless state. Pridefilled about our family and sad about the rest of our geographical area.

Back to the meal. I like to sample my cooking whilst working and I was a little worried. It did not taste good in progress. But when I added the sainted Gorgonzola, it all came together. The only suggestion my spouse made was that I add some fish or some kind of meat. Yes dear, but that would sort of defeat the point of meatless.

No comments:

Post a Comment