Monday, January 17, 2011

One Line A Day


When we took our anniversary trip this last year, I ran onto a neat idea. I love to journal for our girls. I have written letters to them since they were 2 months old. I haven't done as much since I started a private family blog. Mostly, I wanted them to know my voice at different times in our relationship. I wanted to know how much I loved their snuggly cheeks. With my first I even wrote down every new word she said and when it was said. Ahh....the time you have with just one little sweetie.

Back to the idea. I found a bookshop selling One Line A Day journals. I wasn't prepared to spend $16 on a journal with preprinted dates, so I kept the idea in my pocket (well, in my phone, I took a picture of them). I now have a book for each of my girls. And instead of it being a perception or story about them, it's a quote. Every day I listen for some sweet little nugget from each of them. It not only is an excercise in recording their sweet little thoughts, but it helps me to listen to their tiny voices more closely.

1 comment: