Saturday, December 11, 2010

When I don't have anything to wear.....

I make it! There's a red sweater I've been eyeing at a local store, but have waited to buy. Our Sunday School Christmas party was last night and I thought it would be the perfect thing to wear. Unfortunately my girls were still asleep and I knew we weren't going to make it to the store before the party. (Plus we've shopped A LOT lately and the thought of dragging them out at 430 didn't sound like a good idea either).

So I looked around at my basket of fabric (ok-it's not a basket-it's a tote and and basket) and racked my brain for what I could make.

Several months ago I bought a cute necklace from Joy's Hope. I love it but it's very summery. So I looked it over and figured out how to make it. And I had all of the supplies I needed. AND it was naptime. Perfect.



I talked to a good friend last night about crafting. She said it must be nice because at the end of the day you actually have something you produced. Other than just cleaning the kitchen. I totally agree with her on this. It does feel good to make something.

But I was also reminded this morning when I crawled into bed with my youngest. And she wrapped her arm around my neck and said, "I love you." So it wasn't just a craft I made yesterday, but a sweet heart, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment