Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Outside treasures





Each morning I take a walk or bike ride. I rise quite early, enjoy a cup of coffee (although I wouldn't say a GOOD cup of coffee until I run out of the yuck I have now) and start off. I love using the runkeeper app so I can try to maintain a decent pace. And it's fun to figure out where the tough points of my walk/ride were. I love being able to tell where the hills are. We live in a big valley, so there's not an easy walk in the entire 'hood.


I've been looking for treasures for my girls while out.



And even one for my husband.



I like to hide them for the girls in the mailbox. As long as we remember before our mail lady arrives!
I've even done a little urban foraging for flowers. Someone dumped a hanging basket over the edge of the ditch. It definitely wasn't accidental. I watched it for a few days and finally decided I could use it in my backyard!


Although discovering this big guy....

(dead, of course) near the ditch where I procured my find, I will think twice about jumping down there again.


I highly value this alone time. I enjoy listening to the Sara Groves pandora station and talking to my God.


With this set alone time every morning, I no longer have to ask "how is it between us, when did I talk to you last and what has happened since...." How is it between us by Sara Groves.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.




No comments:

Post a Comment